Monday 1 June 2015

Bloody France

Yea not a good week aye. I was having a pretty chilled week after getting back from Ireland and just resting up for this race in France on the Sunday. But yea it didn't go so good. It was another rainy cold race day which seems like the norm for me now, I've done more races in the wet than in the dry. I got into the break with 4 other guys after the first climb of the day and we were hovering around 30 seconds in front of the pelo for like 40k and we were coming down a hill in the wet and I was the first rider to come around this easy corner and once I saw what was on the other side of this corner I was like ah shit. It was just a good old T intersection with a small brick wall if you go straight ahead and a really off camber right hand turn. I knew I wasn't going to be able to turn the corner without slipping so I thought I will just keep going straight and hope I can slow down enough to turn the corner but the footpath and the wall kept coming close and closer and my back wheel locked up and started skidding out and from there it's all over. Back wheel slipped out at 35 odd kph and I landed ass and elbow first on the curb of the foot path and was stuck on the ground for about 10 mins with a dead ass cheek. I whacked it real bloody hard on the curb and it was so painful I couldn't move. So yea I had to hop into the ambo and they took me off too hospital. It was bloody hard trying to explain to the paramedics what happened and that I didn't really need to go to hospital cause they didn't really speak English and I knew what had happened cause I've gone butt first into a curb before and come out with the same painful outcome but they still wanted me to go and I had no choice cause my team car had already taken my bike away and told the paramedics to take me to hospital. The pain was slowly going away but it was kind of a good idea to go to hospital and get some X-rays just to be sure. And yea nothing's broken so all geezy. I've just got a really sore and bruised right ass and a stiff and painful right elbow. I'm really gutted cause I was feeling really good in that race and there was a good chance that the break I was in could have made it to the finish if I hadn't of crashed but ah well, my teammate managed to get 2nd and another teammate got 9th so good day for the team I guess. I'm also really gutted cause there's a Pro Kermesse tomorrow that I was really looking forward to doing but I don't think I'll be able to do it. I went on the windtrainer today to see how I was feeling and my ass was alright but when you push down hard on the pedals then it's still quite painful and I couldn't really hold on to the handle bars too good cause of my elbow. Also when I rode to the supermarket this afternoon it was really painful when I rode over a bump in the road so I think it's a no go for tomorrow which I'm gutted about. I was wondering for a while when I was going to eventually crash cause it had been a while, I was pretty lucky to stay up right for the whole time in Ireland so it was about time I hit the deck to be honest.
So yea, unfortunately I think it's gonna be a quiet week for me which is gonna be boring. At least it's summer now. They reckon it's gonna get up to 31 degrees on Friday so I'll try get my pasty purply bruised ass out in the sun, that might help it recover quicker.

So yea, das it aye.

Sweet, thanks for reading

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment